Our Customer Service team are always on hand to help, but for generic queries please navigate our FAQ tabs below:
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly.
A. All of our non-bulk Refrigeration cylinders are fitted with a 3/4’’ 14 NPT Valve. For Industrial Gas cylinders, please refer to the Australian Standard AS2473 for valve fittings
A. Due to its flammability, R32 cylinders are fitted with a 3/4” 14 NPT Reverse Left-handed Thread valve. Fitting adaptors are available from your Refrigerant retailer.
A. For all cylinders, the initial test date is also the manufactured date. This can be found on the rear or side of the valve guard for welded steel cylinders, or on the shoulder of an Industrial Gas/Torpedo cylinder. This test date is valid for 10 years and if it has expired, a retest date can be found on the edge of the valve guard towards the front of the cylinder or on the shoulder for an Industrial/Torpedo cylinder.
A. Statutory Regulations require refrigerant welded steel gas cylinders to be inspected and tested every ten (10) years. Therefore gas cylinders that are “out-of-test date” cannot be re-filled until re-tested, re-stamped & re-certified by a Licenced Gas Cylinder Test Station. An important distinction is refrigerant cylinders that are re-filled prior to the due 10 year re-test date can still be used in circulation until the refrigerant gas is completely decanted. Should Pump-down or reclaim cylinders be “Out of Test”, the cylinder must not be used for reclamation filling by the licenced contractor & should be returned to A-Gas.
Reclaim cylinders are used in the recovery of used refrigerant. They have specialised dual outlet valves allowing reclaim of refrigerant by pump or push/pull. Pump-down cylinders are used in the recovery of used refrigerant to allow servicing on equipment. They must not be returned to A-Gas full. Each Pump-down cylinder returned to A-Gas is inspected internally after being thoroughly cleaned of all oil and contaminants. R32 Reclaim cylinders have a higher pressure rating than standard Reclaim cylinders, suitable for R32’s higher pressure. Using a standard Reclaim cylinder, will cause the cylinders’ safety relief valve to open. Some important practices to be followed in the use of Reclaim and Pump-down cylinders:
- Reclaim and Pump down cylinders should never be used to reclaim ammonia (R717).
- Reclaim and Pump down cylinders should not be used to reclaim flammable hydrocarbon refrigerants such as R600a, R290, R1270.
- Reclaim and Pump down cylinders should never be filled above the specified maximum fill weight.
- Always apply the valve caps after reclaiming refrigerant into a cylinder.
- Best practice suggests that refrigerants should not be mixed.
For our Retail Branch customers, if you have any concerns or issues about an A-Gas cylinder and/or our product, please call one of our friendly Customer Service representatives on (03) 9368 9222 or Toll Free on 1800 002 427. Alternatively, you can chose email us at firstname.lastname@example.org For end users, please contact the retailer from where the cylinder or product was purchased for further assistance.
A-Gas now has an online system for arranging the pickup of empty cylinders from your branch outlet. Just click on the link, https://clientau.agas.com and log in with your password to get started. If you are unsure of the login details for your branch or require further assistance in the return of your empty cylinder, please call (03) 9368 9222 or Toll Free on 1800 002 427. For end users, please return your cylinders to the retail outlet from where the cylinder was purchased.
Shipper formats have been designed by A-Gas to maximise the amount of cylinders that can be shipped to you on a Standard Australian Pallet 1165mm x 1165. Importantly, it also allows us to transport the cylinders in the safest possible manner, ensuring the cylinders are secured correctly.
- Shipper 1: 2 Layers of 20 Small* A-Gas cylinders = 40 cylinders in total
- Shipper 2: 2 Layers of 12 Medium* A-Gas cylinders = 24 cylinders in total
- Shipper 3: 1 Layer of 9 Large* A-Gas Cylinders = 9 cylinders in total
- Shipper 4: 2 Layers of cylinders (1st layer 20xSmall + 2nd Layer 12xMedium) = 32 cylinders in total
- Shipper 5: 2 Layers of cylinders (1st layer 3xLarge + 12xSmall + 2nd Layer 12xSmall) = 27 cylinders in total
- Shipper 6: 2 Layers of cylinders (1st layer 3xLarge + 12xSmall + 2nd Layer 9xMedium) = 24 cylinders in total
- Shipper 7: 2 layers of cylinders (1st layer 3xLarge + 9xMedium + 2nd Layer 9xMedium) = 21 cylinders in total
*Small = 10kg to 12kg range
*Medium = 16kg to 22kg range
*Large = 50kg to 65kg range
Mixed Shippers containing Refrigerant and Industrial Torpedoes
- Shipper 1: 27 x E size Industrial cylinders
- Shipper 2: 36 x D size Industrial cylinders
- Shipper 3: 14 x E size + 15 x D size Industrial cylinders
- Shipper 4: 9 x E size Industrial cylinders + 24 x Small Refrigerant cylinders
- Shipper 5: 9 x E size Industrial cylinders + 12 x Small Refrigerant + 6 x Medium Refrigerant cylinders
- Shipper 6: 9 x E size Industrial cylinders + 12 x medium Refrigerant cylinders
- Shipper 7:11 x D size Industrial cylinders + 24 x Small Refrigerant cylinders
- Shipper 8:11 x D size Industrial cylinders + 12 x Small Refrigerant + 6 x Medium Refrigerant cylinders
- Shipper 9:11 x D size Industrial cylinders + 12 x medium Refrigerant cylinders
- Shipper 10:4 x D size + 5 x E size Industrial cylinders + 24 x Small Refrigerant cylinders
- Shipper 11:4 x D size + 5 x E size Industrial cylinders+ 12 x Small Refrigerant + 6 x Medium
Shipper 12: 4 x D size + 5 x E size Industrial cylinders + 12 x medium Refrigerant cylinders
Please view our download for ProFume FAQs.ProFume FAQ document
There are a large number of factors that need to be considered to make sure you get the best results from your fumigation investment. Selecting the right fumigant from the best supplier is only half the battle. Use our checklist to make sure you maximise your results.Pre-Fumigation Check list