R449A (OpteonTM XP40) is a HFO blend, used as a replacement for R404A and R507 in low and medium temperature refrigeration applications. R449A (OpteonTM XP40) is suitable for new installations as well as retrofits of existing equipment. Its low Global Warming Potential (GWP) of 1397 offers improved energy efficiency and environmental properties.
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 1800 002 427 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Substitute for R404A and R507
- Zeotropic refrigerant blend containing R32, R125, R1234yf and R134a
- Refrigerant must be charged from the liquid phase to ensure accurate composition
- A-Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Compressors must be charged with polyolester oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Low GWP of 1397, 64% reduction over R404A
- Performance closely matches that of R404A
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly.
Find a Supplier
For Refrigerants & Industrial Gases.
Enter your postcode to find your nearest supplier
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)