M40 - R290 (Propane)
R290 (Propane) is refrigerant grade propane, used as an alternative to R22 and R502 in low, medium and high temperature refrigeration and air conditioning applications. R290 (Propane) is a Hydrocarbon and although highly flammable it is an efficient refrigerant that has a low Global Warming Potential (GWP).
Commercial Air Conditioning
Industrial Air Conditioning
Domestic Air Conditioning
*Heat pumps, Water heaters
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- R290 (Propane) is fitted with a left handed DIN 477-1 valve; an adaptor may be required
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 1800 002 427 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Refrigerant can be charged from either the liquid and vapour phase
- A-Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Flammable and non-toxic with a safety classification of A3
- Compressors can be charged with a variety of oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Low GWP of 3
- Excellent thermodynamic properties leading to high energy efficiency
- Low charges allow for smaller heat exchanges and piping dimensions
- Due to its flammable nature R290 (Propane) requires different charging and recovery procedures
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly.
Find a Supplier
For Refrigerants & Industrial Gases.
Enter your postcode to find your nearest supplier
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)