245fa is a HFC suitable for use as a blowing agent for plastic foam insulation. It is a replacement for HCFC-141b and other fluorocarbon and non-fluorocarbon blowing agents. 245fa is also used in organic rankine cycle systems for generation of power from waste heat recovery, process and comfort cooling, electronic heat transfer and thermal storage.
Foam Blowing Applications
ORC (Organic Rankine Cycle) heat recovery systems
- Available from A-Gas
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with RPD’s to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- Empty cylinders are to be returned to A-Gas
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 1800 002 427 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Chemical & physical properties similar to HCFC-141b & CFC-11
- Provides excellent insulation and foam properties
- Compatible with a wide range of materials including metals, plastics and elastomers
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Ozone Depleting Potential of zero
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly.