R744 (CO2) is refrigerant grade CO2, used as a replacement for R134a and R404A in ultra-low, low and medium temperature refrigeration applications. R744 (CO2) is becoming increasingly popular due to its excellent properties. With an Ozone Depleting Potential (ODP) of 0 and a Global Warming Potential (GWP) of 1, R744 (CO2) is a natural refrigerant.
*Industrial heat extraction, Mobile air conditioning, Air to water heat pump systems
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 1800 002 427 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Refrigerant grade R744 (CO2) is available from A-Gas in gas (vapour) or liquid form
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- Compressors must be charged with modified polyolester oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Excellent thermodynamic properties and low energy requirements
- R744 (CO2) can be used alongside other primary refrigerants such as hydrocarbon and ammonia
- High operating pressures
- Refrigeration systems that contain R744 (CO2) require strict controls on moisture, oil and other contaminants.
- Ultra-low moisture content, less than 5 ppm
- Industrial grade R744 (CO2) has an average water content of up to 10 times higher than the R744 (CO2) available from A-Gas. This can result in the formation of Carbonic Acid and its build up will result in corrosion of machinery and pipework
- Vapour R744 (CO2) cylinders are available for initial pressurisation of systems, whilst liquid R744 (CO2) provides the required charge your system needs to operate efficiently
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly.
Find a Supplier
For Refrigerants & Industrial Gases.
Enter your postcode to find your nearest supplier
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)