R1234ze is a low Global Warming Potential (GWP) refrigerant, used as a replacement for R134a in medium temperature refrigeration and air conditioning applications including water chillers.
Foam Blowing Applications
Industrial Air Conditioning
Commercial Air Conditioning
- Available from A-Gas wholesale partners. Use the ‘Find a supplier’ box to the right for further details
- A-Gas product cylinders are fitted with a Residual Pressure Device (RPD) to ensure used refrigerant or any other substance cannot be reintroduced into a cylinder
- Store cylinders in a cool, dry, well ventilated area, out of direct sunlight
- A-Gas operates a returnable cylinder fleet, empty cylinders are to be returned to an A-Gas wholesale partner
- For alternative or larger package sizes please contact A-Gas on 1800 002 427 or via the Contact Us form
Product Features & Benefits
- Refrigerant can be charged from either the liquid or vapour phase
- A-Gas refrigerant cylinders have dual port valves, making liquid offtake easier
- Non-flammable under ADR, however is classified as A2L under ASHRAE classification
- Compressors must be charged with modified polyolester oils, contact the compressor manufacturer for more information
- Low GWP of 6
- Approximately. 20% less refrigeration capacity compared to R134a but with significantly lower pressures
- Can be used as a propellant in aerosol applications
- A near drop-in replacement for R134a in one-component foam applications
The information contained within this website is for guidance only, for further system specific advice please call A-Gas directly.
Find a Supplier
For Refrigerants & Industrial Gases.
Enter your postcode to find your nearest supplier
Advice & Support
Do you also need..?
Oxygen Free Nitrogen (OFN)